- 1 c. low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 c. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. ras el hanout
- 1 Pinch each of salt and pepper, divided
- 1 c. dry couscous
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil plus extra for frying
- 15 ounces can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 c. golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons pimento stuffed green olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs, divided
- snipped chives and extra crumbled feta for garnishing
- 2 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, chiffonade
- 1 Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 4 medium assorted rainbow carrots, shaved into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 c. loosely packed arugula
- 1/4 c. roasted & salted pistachios, chopped
In a medium saucepan bring the vegetable broth, orange juice, zest, ras el hanout and a pinch of salt & black pepper to boil. Whisk in the couscous and 1 tablespoon of oil. Remove from heat & cover. Let couscous stand for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Let cool slightly.
Stir in the chickpeas, raisins, olives, green onions and parsley. Mix in the eggs, feta and 1/2 cup panko until combined. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Pour the remaining panko into a shallow dish.
Form the couscous mixture into 8 patties. Gently press each side of the patties into the remaining panko. Heat another tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry patties on each side until golden brown, adding additional oil as needed. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
In a medium bowl whisk together 1 teaspoon of oil with the marmalade, juice of 1/2 of a lemon, ginger, mint and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Add the carrots, arugula, & pistachios. Toss all to coat.
In a small bowl stir together the yogurt, honey, harissa, garlic, juice of 1/2 of a lemon and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Place the carrot mixture over each of 4 plates. Top each with 2 couscous cakes. Spoon the yogurt over patties, then garnish with snipped chives and extra feta.