- 1/2 c. salted butter, melted
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 cups rice cereal squares, coarsely crushed
- 1 c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 c. sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 c. peppercorn feta cheese, crumbled
- 1.5 qt. vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tablespoon feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled & quartered
- 2/3 c. water
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 12 whole strawberries (for fan garnish)
Combine butter and brown sugar in a small, heavy, saucepan over medium-high heat; bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat. In a large mixing bowl add cereal, coconut, almonds, peppercorn feta cheese, and brown sugar mixture. Stir until ingredients are thoroughly coated. Press half of the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a large mixing bowl combine ice-cream and crumbled Nikos Feta Cheese, use a sturdy flat edged spatula to cut and fold the feta into the ice cream until it’s distributed throughout. Carefully spread ice-cream in the baking dish and evenly sprinkle the remaining cereal mixture over the top. Freeze until solid; at least 3 hours or overnight.
Meanwhile, prepare Strawberry Basil Syrup. In a blender, puree the quartered strawberries just until smooth. In a small, heavy, saucepan combine water and sugar. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Boil 6 minutes (mixture will be syrupy and approximately reduced by half); remove from heat. Stir the strawberries and basil into the syrup until combined and pour into a dish or squeeze bottle with nozzle tip and store in the fridge.
Cut ice-cream into 12 equal squares, drizzle individual serving plates with strawberry syrup, place squares over syrup and garnish each with a strawberry fan*.
*To make a strawberry fan, take a paring knife, slice strawberry from a point slightly below the top stem to the bottom. Continue making thin slits from one end of the strawberry to the other. Gently spread the strawberry apart creating a fan.