- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 burger buns
- red onions, sliced
- tomato, sliced
- cucumber, sliced
Place feta and cream cheese in a food processor and pulse until the cheeses are mixed. Add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and heavy cream to processor and process until completely smooth. Add more heavy cream if necessary to achieve desired consistency. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Combine ground beef, shallots, garlic, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper in a large bowl until well mixed. Form mixture into 4 patties.
Grill or pan fry the patties over medium-high heat for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until they are cooked to desired doneness.
Serve on burger buns with toppings and whipped feta spread.