- 2-1/4 lbs. gold potatoes, scrubbed, patted dry and cut into 3/4” pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. crumbled gorgonzola or aged blue cheese, slightly mashed
- 3/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage, diced
- 2/3 c. diced sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, sliced
- 2/3 c. diced fire-roasted red peppers (if using jarred peppers, drain well before dicing)
- 1/4 c. coarsely chopped parsley
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
Preheat oven to 425° F. In a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with nonstick foil, spread potatoes in a single layer. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and lightly season with kosher salt. Toss gently to coat. Roast 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, gorgonzola, smoked paprika, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
In a large, nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chorizo, stirring, 4 to 6 minutes or until frizzled. Transfer to a paper-lined plate. Do not drain skillet. Add onions. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly brown around edges. During the final minute of cooking, add oregano. Cook until just frizzled, about 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat.
In a large bowl, add roasted potatoes while still warm (several minutes after roasting), chorizo, onion-oregano mixture, eggs, red peppers, parsley and gorgonzola mayonnaise. Toss until well combined. Sprinkle with additional blue cheese, if desired. Garnish with parsley sprigs.