- 1 bunch of kale (stems removed), roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus additional if needed
- 1 pkg. (8.8 oz.) whole grain naan breads
- 1/2 c. red grapes, halved
- 1/3 c. crumbled smoked blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
In food processor, pulse kale, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and salt until kale is very finely chopped. Add oil and process until smooth. Consistency of pesto should be very thick, but spreadable. If pesto is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of oil at a time and process until smooth. Pesto can be used immediately or covered and refrigerated up to 3 days.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place naan breads on rimmed baking pan; spread with kale pesto (you may have some pesto left over). Top with grapes, cheese and hazelnuts. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until bread is slightly crisp and toppings are warmed through. Cut each flatbread into 4 pieces; serve immediately.