- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. finely ground lamb or ground turkey
- 1 (14-1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mint or cilantro leaves for garnish, finely shredded, optional
- 6 5" crackerbread rounds
- 3 tablespoons kalamata olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons pinenuts
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 400° F. Heat olive oil in 10-inch skillet. Add lamb, breaking up into fine pieces. Cook until just brown. Add lamb mixture ingredients through salt and pepper. Cook at simmer until quite dry and flavors are developed, about 15 minutes.
Place crackerbread rounds on baking sheet. Divide lamb mixture over each. Sprinkle divided portions of olives, pinenuts and feta over. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cracker crust is brown and feta is soft and warm. Sprinkle with cilantro or mint, if desired. Serve immediately.